1.What is the working title of your book? Mort Morte
2. Where did the idea come from for your book?
A dream where my dad gives me a gun for my third birthday then snatches away my binky & tells me it’s time I became a man. So I shot him.
3. What genre does your book fall under?
Illustrated coming of age black comedy: Diary of a Wimpy Kid as told by Travis Bickle from Taxi Driver
4. Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition?
We’re pitching my memoir Chicken around Hollywood with the idea of Justin Bieber playing me as a 17 year old. Former teen heartthrob Jonathan Taylor Thomas was previously attached to play me.
5. What is a one sentence synopsis of your book?
It’s a story of a boy keeps killing his dads to protect his mom: it’s a story of a boy who really loves his mother.
6. How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?
Two weeks. But it took me 20 years to find a publisher.
7. What other books would you compare this story to in your genre?
Alice in Wonderland. The Tin Drum. Oedipus.
8. Who or what inspired you to write this book?
9. Will your book be self-published or by an agency?
10. What else about the book might pique the reader’s interest?
It’s got spectacular illustrations by award winning artist Alain Pilon. It’s very short.