I can’t tell you how supremo-psyched I am that Toni will be gracing us with her bad ass. Toni Bentley was a dancer with George Ballanchine’s New York City Ballet. She is the author of many books, including The Surrender, which was name one of the New York Times 100 Notable Books 0f 2004. Her essay, “The Bad Lion” is appearing in “Best American Essays 2010” published this month edited by Christopher Hitchens. She was awarded a Guggenheim Fellowship and is a regular contributor to the New York Times, and speaks at Harvard. http://www.tonibentley.com
Toni Brantley Added to Sex Worker Literati Sept. 15 @ Bowery Poetry Club
About David SterryDavid Henry Sterry is the author of 16 books, a performer, muckraker, educator, book editor, activist, and book doctor. His first memoir, Chicken, was an international bestseller, and has been translated into 10 languages. “As laconic as Dashiell Hammett, as viscerally hallucinogenic as Hunter S Thompson. Sex, violence, drugs, love, hate, and great writing, what more could you ask for?” – The Irish Times.
- David Henry Sterry Was a Professional White Asshole on The Fresh Prince with Will Smith
- Wayetu Moore & The Book Doctors Talk about Books, Writing and How to Get Published
- Brad Parks Interview with the Book Doctors
- The Book Doctors! Book Con! Pitchapalooza!
- Olive, 11, Is Our Child Mentor: Here’s the Video