The Book Doctors, David Henry Sterry and Arielle Eckstut, are the authors of the upcoming The Essential Guide to Getting Your Book Published, which is due out in November 2010. They have 25 years experience in the publishing industry. Arielle is a literary agent, author and entrepreneur. Sterry is a best-selling author, Huffington Post regular, and event producer. They have been on the front cover of the Sunday New York Times Book Review, NPR’s Sunday Weekend Edition, and have taught everywhere from Stanford University to San Francisco State University, helping dozens and dozens of talented amateur writers get book contracts. And they want to help you. They’re looking for a list of continuing education writing programs, with contact information. In exchange, they will help you kickstart your writing career.
The Book Doctors Want to Help You & Need Your Help
About David SterryDavid Henry Sterry is the author of 16 books, a performer, muckraker, educator, book editor, activist, and book doctor. His first memoir, Chicken, was an international bestseller, and has been translated into 10 languages. “As laconic as Dashiell Hammett, as viscerally hallucinogenic as Hunter S Thompson. Sex, violence, drugs, love, hate, and great writing, what more could you ask for?” – The Irish Times.
- Patricia Perry Donovan on Hurricane Sandy, NaNoWriMo, and the Dreaded Sophomore Jinx
- Val Emmich on Sucking and the Short, Torturous Ten-Year Process of Getting Published
- Jacqueline Mroz on Making an Article into a Book and How to Father 150 Children
- Annie Sprinkle on How to Have Cooler and Hotter Orgasms
- Susan Wolfe on How to Get a Great Blurb, the Importance of Maternity Leave, and Reading to be a Writer