“Riveting from beginning to end. Sterry’s use of vivid metaphors and musical language to describe his time as an adolescent in the sex trade was brilliant. This is the story of a young man who is sweet, innocent and alone. You root for him to find himself the whole time. The memoir explores themes such as good vs. evil and innocence vs. taint. It travels back and forth between Sterry’s time in the sex trade and his childhood with each plot sequence equally as engaging. The story is told with a childlike innocence and humor. I highly recommend this book. It will stir your soul.”
“Riveting, this memoir about Sterry’s time as an adolescent in the sex trade was brilliant”
About David SterryDavid Henry Sterry is the author of 16 books, a performer, muckraker, educator, book editor, activist, and book doctor. His first memoir, Chicken, was an international bestseller, and has been translated into 10 languages. “As laconic as Dashiell Hammett, as viscerally hallucinogenic as Hunter S Thompson. Sex, violence, drugs, love, hate, and great writing, what more could you ask for?” – The Irish Times.
- David Henry Sterry Going to BlogHer17 in Orlando
- Katherine A. Sherbrooke on Diagramming Sentences, GrubStreet, Memoir & Fiction
- The Snow Leopard in Desire with James Joyce, Bram Stoker & Anne Rice
- Jenise Aminoff on Kickstarter, Writing, and Getting Her Novel Published
- Cathy Salit and the Power of Performing as an Author